Monday, March 24, 2008

The Future

It has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me over the last few days. For those who are not part of the industry the sale of Clover Equipment Co. and their machine really won't mean much to you. For the rest of us, well, it seems to hit and emotional spot.

It's not the sale that has upset me (well, I admit, I was dissapointed), it was the reaction by my friends in the industry I have had a knot in my stomach since reading all the posts about this. Posts have become vicious and nasty, with personal attacks etc. What happened to this great community that we all rave about?

This is the tipping point for us. Starbucks is forcing us to be be better if we are to survive. We are being forced to go out and PROVE what makes us better that Starbucks, not by just say that we are. We need to put our money where our mouths are. Quit the fighting about who was right about Clover and let's work together. Let's find ways to better ourselves, our shops, and our communities. Let's use this as our rallying point, to come together and raise the bar and take us to a new level.

Get on-board or be left behind. It starts now....

Michael
CEO - Chief Espresso Officer

No comments: